"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Wednesday, October 7

2013 Hair and Beauty products Haul

My beautiful pictureI mentioned in an earlier post about my big purchase I do every year buying hair products. Here is a picture of what I purchased this year. I didn’t get everything on my wish list but I got what would do for now. Whenever I can’t purchase everything on my list I just put it on the new list for the next time around. So what did I get this time around? Listen up as I tell you about each one.

My beautiful picture
I was in need of some butterfly clamps that would hold my hair while I tried to style it without breaking on me. I heard good reviews about these so I hope they live up to what they say.

My beautiful picture
These are MetaGrip Premium Bob Pins. The package says it has long lasting springs, rust resistant, and durable tips. I hope that’s true because I’m getting tired of having to throw away bobby pins because they no longer close and the tips snagging/ripping my hair when they are about to come off. That’s a natural girls nightmare when trying to pin up or take down her hair.


My beautiful picture
I love using essential oils with carrier oils to make our homemade hair and body products. For my hair needs I often use tea tree, rosemary, peppermint, and lavender oils.

My beautiful picture
I LOVE Rosewater! It smells sooooo good! My hubby loves the smell of it in my hair and on my body. Last year I bought only 1 8oz. bottle that had a pour spout. Hubby told me to get more than 1 this time so I bought a pack of 3 (8 oz. each). I like these better because they have spray tops on them. I use Rosewater as a toner after washing my face, a body mist after getting out of the shower, and I also pour some into my hair spritz bottle to freshen up my hair.


My beautiful picture
I have been using Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for about 5 years. I use it to make homemade hair and body products. I use it to cook with in place of butter. I use it just as it is in place of lotion and as a personal lubricate Surprised smile.  Yes you read that right and it works like magic Open-mouthed smile. Anyhoo…I buy this in different sizes and I got the containers around here to prove it. LOL This time I bought a pack of 2 (29oz. each). One is for the kitchen for cooking only and the other one I scoop out what I need for hair, body, and other needs. I put these in separate containers so there won’t be any cross contamination.

My beautiful picture
I love using Aloe Vera gel to make my Shealoe mix for my hair and body. I’ll tell you more about that in the next post. This one is the 100% pure gel that contains no color, alcohol, or fragrance. I kept running out of this to quickly when I bought the 12oz. bottle so I purchased a 24oz. one. I like that you can pump it out. You have to pour the gel out of the 12oz. bottle.


My beautiful picture    My beautiful picture
I had this on my list for 2 years and I finally got it. The Lily of the Desert Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice will be used in my water spritz bottle for my hair and maybe added to some of my thicker leave-in conditioners. This is supposed to help raise the pH levels in my hair that’s stripped from washing with hard water and such. This one is preservative free and can be used as a dietary supplement.

My beautiful picture
I hear good things about Bentonite Clay. It can be used as a face and body detox. I’m going to use it with some Apple Cider Vinegar to make a face and hair mask. This one is 100% pure and paraben free. I also like using 100% pure vegetable glycerin in some of my hair and body products. You can rub this right on your skin when it’s dry and in need of some moisture.


My beautiful picture Last year I read the Curly Girl Handbook. This time I wanted to read another book called Curly like me by Teri LaFlesh from tightlycurly.com. I planned to buy this one to read first but I was too curious about the Curly Girl Method. I will begin reading Curly like me tomorrow. I may do some updated posts as I read if I’m learning anything new that will help me on my natural hair journey.




 That’s it for my hair and beauty haul. Thank you for taking an interest and reading. God bless!

No comments:

Printfriendly