"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, October 6

My 2012 Natural Hair Journey

My beautiful picture
I was kind of unhappy that I missed my last two curly girl posts. Things happened that caused me not to be able to get those done. It was interesting seeing how my hair would respond to the CG method. I found out halfway in the process that I could only commit to a modified version of it rather than be strict CG. I’m still using the things I learned to this day. My hair is doing great and the curls be popping! LOL!!! I also wanted to announce that New Years Eve marked my 2nd year being natural. I had planned to do a post showing the results of my hair from the year. I’m just now getting a chance to do that post today. That’s okay because it’s better late than never.

The photos below are pics of my hair from Jan.-Dec. 2012. You will notice at times my hair looks short then long again. No I did not get my hair cut short. I have tightly coiled hair so in order for it to curl up I get major shrinkage. Other times you see my hair long because I did a blow out or wore a style where my hair was in a stretched/elongated state. Click on the picture to see more photos.

Click on me
I have more things planned for my hair this year. I would tell you but that will give away what all my plans for future posts will be. I like surprising people so you’ll just have to wait. One thing I will say is that I don’t focus heavily on growth because I’m more concerned with my hair being healthy. The more I learn and do to keep it healthy, the more I find it just keeps on growing. With that being said it doesn’t mean I won’t let you know from time to time what my current hair length is. Be sure to keep reading throughout the year for more updates on how me and this hair of mine is doing. ~hehe~ Thanks for stopping by and reading. Be blessed! :-)



*Note: This is a repost from my old blog "Think 0utside the Box".

No comments:

Printfriendly