"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, October 6

My 2014 Natural Hair Journey

IMAG0154
As I sit here and type I’m aware it’s past the day I celebrate my Natural Anniversary (Napturalversary). I had to get over a nasty stomach flu Sad smile For those who didn’t already know, after 9 months of transitioning I went completely natural Dec. 31, 2010. That is when I cut off the rest of my permed ends and became FREE To Be Me! I was left with over 3” of hair to work with. It was long enough to finger coil so that was my first style. From there I just kept learning about my hair, researching all I could to learn to care for it, and just enjoying the journey. Next year will be the last year I document my hair journey. I don’t think I’ll have much else new or interesting to share after that 5 year mark. There’s no need for more research to do because I believe I’m content with everything I know at this point. Before I continue on you are welcomed take a look at my hair pics slide show from the year. Click on the photo to see more.

Click on me
For this post I thought I’d share the highlights of what went on with my hair last year then you’ll be up to date. In March I found a really great deal on Eco Styler Gels that got me through the whole year. I’m still happy about that. In June I made an attempt to figure out my hair type/curl pattern. Someone else shared with me they think I’m more of a 3c curl pattern. I also learned about a new hair journal site that opened for me to keep track of my hair progress. In July I cut the front and sides of my hair for a sort of layered look. I was content with it for a while. In November I cut my hair again but it was around 4” off in the back. I just had to do something else so I’d be happy all around.

That was my recap of the year. Who knows what’s in store for this year. As always I just want to keep a healthy head of hair and look my best in whatever style I’m rocking. As I said in the beginning this 5th year will be the last year I document my journey. Hope I go out with a bang or at least learn/do something interesting. Thank you for those who have taken the time to read along thus far Smile. You can read about my other 3 years by clicking on each link below.

Year 1
Year 2
Year 3


*Note: This is a repost from my old blog "Think 0utside the Box". 

No comments:

Printfriendly