"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, October 13

My Coupon Binder Part 2

I hope you enjoyed my last post and got a feel for what I use to carry my coupons around in. Today we will talk about how to set up our binder. This is the part that takes the most time to do but it’s so well worth it. First lets start with a list of supplies you will need.

- Clear sheet protectors
- tab dividers (I plan to buy these kind---will need a 2 or 3 packs)
-Baseball card or photo holders (chose from various sizes offered)

Now we’ll talk about how I make use of these supplies.

First lets talk about sheet protectors. I use them to store things like coupon policies, store sale papers, price list, category list for my coupons (will talk about later),  and anything else I use that needs to be in eye view. These are a must have.

Next you will need tab dividers to separate your sections. I use one in between each store, information pages, and coupon sections.

Last you will need baseball card/pocket page protectors. The 9 pocket ones are what I use but I’m thinking of purchasing a small pack of photo holders. These are what you will store your coupons in. (will talk about in the next part).

IMAG0449  IMAG0450  IMAG0457
This is an example of my Walgreens section. I have their coupon policy in a page protector as well as their store ad, and a tabbed page divider. Also in this section I may store a baseball card holder page to store coupons or rewards card. Behind this I add another divider for any other drug store types (CVS, Rite Aid, ect.) and a copy of their coupon policy, ect. You can find coupon policies to print by visiting this site.

IMAG0451   IMAG0452  IMAG0458
Now we move on to department stores like this one. Just like my Walgreens example I store Wal-Mart's coupon policy in a page protector and have a tab divider page to separate it from others. Behind this I add other department stores (Target, K-mart, ect.) and their coupon policy.

IMAG0453  IMAG0454  IMAG0437   
This is one of several grocery stores I shop at. As before I have my Sun Fresh coupon policy, page divider, and their store ad. We got a $10 off my purchase coupon in the mail so I stored it in with the store ad so I wouldn’t forget to use it at the store. Gotta save all you can. Shopping ain’t cheap yall!

IMAG0408   IMAG0438
This is my Costco section. I store that month’s coupon book and our membership information in a page protector.

    IMAG0455    IMAG0419
Here are two other helpful items I keep in my binder. The first one is a price list (can no longer find online). It is a list of common items you may purchase at the store often. It shows 3 prices beside each item. They are regular price, a good deal, and stock up prices. You’ll want to aim for the stock up price. It’s the best when using coupons to purchase (will talk about this next time). The other sheet are the coupon categories broken down for easy storing of our coupons in the binder (will tell you about that next time).

IMAG0413   IMAG0415
Here is a tabbed section I have for my GFCFSF lists. This is a list of foods you can look for in the store that are gluten free, casein free, and soy free. I got these lists off a yahoo group I used to be a part of. Let me interject with another thought for a moment. I HATE my page dividers. Hubby said he’ll get me whatever I want. I LOVE that man! I’m getting the ones I linked into this post. There I said it now moving on.

IMAG0416
On the back of the divider I wrote a list of foods to buy organic and ones lowest in pesticides. Whew…I hope you understand what I mean buy this taking the most time. It is time consuming to put this thing together but once you have it finished the hard part is done and well worth the time and effort.

Well that’s all I have for today. Come back for the next part where we’ll get into…can you guess? Until then you and your be blessed!

No comments:

Printfriendly