"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Saturday, January 9

Fall weather hair and tutorial

*Repost from T0B 9/2/14-

Can you believe summer is almost over? Fall will be here in 3 weeks…yay!  I love Fall. It’s my favorite season of them all. What do I like about Fall? I love the weather, the colors of the changing leaves, all of the delicious fruits and vegetables that are in season, eating my favorite comfort foods, and I start drinking more warm herbal teas during this time because the weather is not so hot. I also love that this time of the year we celebrate one of my favorite holidays…Thanksgiving! I wish I was born in the Fall but unfortunately I was a summer baby. I am thankful that God blessed me to have my son in the Fall. His birthday is next month Smile.

With Fall being around the corner I’m thinking of how I will care for my hair. For the summer I posted about my modified wash~n~go’s. I plan to keep my hair up in twists for the Fall. I will put my twists in updo’s so I can wear them for 2 weeks then take them out to shampoo, deep condition and sit under the steamer. I’ll do a hot oil treatment once a month too. I will co-wash my hair every 5 days while still in the twists because I can’t stand to go too long without water touching my scalp. My head gets thirsty so I gotta give it what it wants to keep it happy. So here’s how my routine looks:

1. Shampoo my hair with a sulfate free shampoo.
2. Deep condition under the steamer for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse thoroughly and wrap hair in a T-shirt or terry cloth towel to soak up excess water.
4. Do the L.O.C. method and put hair in mini twists.
5. Let dry 90% or over night then put twists in an updo style.
6. Wear this for a week then take updo down to co-wash hair (still in mini twists). Use diluted ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a rinse. Apply leave-in, some Shealoe (my Shea butter mix), and put mini twists in flat twists to stretch back out. 
7. Air dry over night then put in an updo in the morning. Wear this for a week then take down updo and twists to shampoo, DC, and start all over again from the top.


IMAG0271





This is how my updo looks when in mini twists. Here is how I achieve this look:

 



IMAG0313
I usually put my hair in mini twists but this time I tried micro twists. This is the front.

IMAG0314      IMAG0318
Here is a side view. As you can see my hair is growing back fast from the cut I did last year.

IMAG0329 


 Now I just pull my hair back into a ponytail using an elastic ribbon (or any ouchless ponytail holder). I keep the front loose and only pull back what I need. Since my hair is shorter on the sides I use bobby pins to hold in place.



  IMAG0330
I used a Goody ouchless barrette to hold the front out of the way.

IMAG0335
The ponytail gets put up into a bun and pin some more to be sure it’s secure.

IMAG0337




 Now I gather that hair in the front. I twist it around, tuck it under, and pin it into a pompadour.






IMAG0339
Here’s the finished look. That’s the end of my little tutorial. I hope you learned something new. I will be wearing updo styles like this and others to give my hair a little break from constant manipulation throughout the Fall months. This is in preparation for the cold winter to come. I'll come back in a few weeks with an update and maybe showcase another style I wear with my twists. Be blessed!

No comments:

Printfriendly