"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Saturday, January 9

Hair and Beauty Products Haul: Take 2

*Repost from T0B 3/31/15-

It’s that time of the year again. If you’ve been a reader for a while you’ll remember I shared before that I do a BIG purchase once a year for my hair needs. During this time I purchase things from Amazon or local store sales I’ve been wanting to get but have had to put off until later. Some of my favorites get bought over again each year along with new things I’ve had only my list to try. Previously I have also shared my staple products and hair care regimen. So what did I get this year? Continue reading as I tell you about each one.

Hair products~2015In this picture I have all the recent items I purchased for my hair needs. As I get to know my hair I add to or change up on my staple hair products. There are a couple of things in this pic that are favorites that I buy regularly. They are:

* Aloe Vera Gel (1oo% pure)
* Queen Helene Cholesterol (I switch up between using this and Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Conditioner as a deep conditioner)
* Aussie Moist Conditioner~ the big pump bottle (I LOVE this stuff! I co-wash with it, condition with it, and refresh my wash~n~go with it)

Now let’s talk about the new stuff. Walgreens had a BOGO 50% sale for several weeks in a row on hair products. I had planned to buy my favorite line (Shea Moisture). I was upset I didn’t get to take advantage of the BOGO Free sale they had in Jan. That’s the best time to stock up on this brand. While I was trying to decide among all the new ones available I looked down and noticed Cantu’s natural hair line was on sale too. I had heard of it before but never tried it. The price was more of  bargain than my favorite brand so I thought I’d go ahead and try it out. I bought:

* Complete Conditioning Co-wash- Love the feel and the slip I get
* Cleansing cream Shampoo- I have not tried this yet.
* Conditioning cream Hair Lotion- works okay…have to keep using it for a more thorough opinion.
* Coconut Oil shine & hold mist- If you don’t love the smell of coconut don’t buy this. It’s a potent smell which love. I also like that it lasts most of the day.
* Leave-in Conditioning Cream- Works the same as their regular leave-in conditioner IMO.
* Coconut Curling Cream- The smell is like the shine and hold mist. I used this to set my twists after washing my hair. I didn’t like it at first but liked my results when I re-twisted my dry hair for the next day.

I also bought some African Pride Olive Miracle Silky Smooth Edges. I’m new to using an edge gel. So far I’ve used it along with some Eco Styler gel to wear my hair up in a bun. It helped my hair to hold much better than the gel alone. Whenever I do a blow out I’ll see if it works to slick back my edges.

From Amazon I bought some more lavender, tea tree, sweet orange, rosemary, and peppermint essential oils. This are the ones I use the most so I needed more. I also purchased some lavender scented black Jamaican Castor Oil. It smells pretty good. I use it for making homemade hot oil treatments, as well as in my hair and body products.


Beauty Products~ 2015In this picture I have all the recent items I purchased for my face and body.
Things I purchased from the store are:

Carmex: I have been using this stuff on my lips since I was a teen. I don’t know why but I can’t replace it with anything else. I buy this every time I get low. It’s my go to lip moisturizer.

Walgreens also had a sale on Shea Moisture bath/body products. Hubby picked out the Lavender and Wild Orchid Bath, Body and Massage Oil w/Shea Butter. I rub this on immediately after taking or as a moisturizer after cleansing my face. I smells so good. He also picked the Argan Oil and Raw She Hand and Body Scrub w/Frankincense and Myrrh Extract. It’s anti-aging and softens the skin. I use it once a week. I love the way my skin feels so soft after using it. Cleaning the tub is a MUST after using this.

I’m not a lipstick person but I love using lip gloss. I own 1 lipstick and it gets used every once in a blue moon. I don’t care for the way it makes my lips feel. Whenever I want to add some color I like to use matte lip crayons. They had Wet n Wild ones on sale for $2 each. The colors I got are Fashion Dancing and Plumgenue. The way I apply it may be different for most women but I don’t like anything drying out my lips. First I put on a thin layer of plain Carmex. Next I apply the matte color of choice. Last I shine it up with a touch of lip gloss.

I also got some Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins. I did not buy these to grow longer hair or nails. My hair grows just fine as well as my nails. I did buy them for my overall health and to cut down on the amount of vitamins I was taking. I take these along with a women’s daily vitamin pack. Since my surgery last year I’ve been taking HRT, a women’s daily vitamin (whole foods), and a basket full of other vitamins. It gets costly so I’m trying to see if I’ll save more money. I don’t know how the HS and N vitamins are working because it’s only been almost 2 weeks.

From Amazon I purchased:

* Extra Virgin Coconut Oil~ I run out of this a few times a year. It gets used on my face and body (sometimes a get extra to use for cooking).
* 2 lbs. Raw Unrefined Shea Butter (Ivory)~ I buy some every other year for making my homemade hair and body products. I add essential oils to it to enhance the smell and for added health benefits.
* Ylang ylang Black Jamaican Castor Oil~ I bought this along with the Lavender one (sold as a double pack)
* Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay~ 100% natural Calcium Bentonite Clay. I bought some clay before and used it for my hair and as a face mask. I’m trying this one out for the first time later on this week. I read great reviews about it.

That’s all for this year’s hair and beauty haul. I plan to come back and post an update on how everything is going with the use of the new stuff. Thanks for stopping by Smile

No comments:

Printfriendly