"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Saturday, January 9

Jamaican Black Castor oil and updates

JBCO*Repost from T0B 3/26/15-

Some have wondered and asked why I prefer using Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) over regular castor oil. To be honest I’ve never tried regular castor oil on my hair. I may buy some to try when I visit Whole Foods (I want a pure one without any extra stuff in it). When I went natural, I started reading online and looking for products to use that most naturals “raved” about. I was new to the whole “natural thing” and only wanted to put the best I could afford on my hair. I planned to only put things on my hair that I thought would help me along in the process to long healthy hair.

Some of the great benefits of using JBCO is that it’s good for helping to thicken your hair where it’s thinning and help with hair growth. The smell is not that pleasant so I usually use a good smelling essential oil to and to it. One of the ones I bought this last time around has a lavender scent. It’s also thicker than regular castor oil and absorbs well in my 4b/c hair. I like the way it softens my hair when I use some in my deep conditioners and hot oil treatments. I’ve heard it can be used as a sealant on your twists too. The other thing I use JBCO for is to make my Shealoe and kimmaytube’s leave-in conditioner. Now for some updates.

I finished using up all the Cantu Complete Creamy Co-wash Conditioner. I got about 5-6 washes out of it. I loved the slip I got so detangling was easy. A little went a long way for me so that could be why I got this many washes out of it.

Cantu Shampoo
 
I finally got around to using the Cantu Cleansing cream Shampoo. I love that it is sulfate, silicone, paraben, and mineral oil free. Believe me when I say a little goes a LONG way. I’ve only used this twice and learned the hard way the first time around. There was so much suds I could have used them to wash off the rest of my body. LOL A quarter size drop was all I needed for my entire head (soaking wet hair). WOW!!!

Giovanni direct leave-in

For the longest I have been wanting to try Giovanni Conditioners. I finally got around to catching some Direct Leave-in Conditioner on sale. I have used it a few times and love how it absorbs in my hair. It smells good to.

Well that’s all I have to share for today. I’m currently trying something new that I may share about in a future post. I’m still learning along the way so I need to focus my attention on that for now. As always thanks for taking the time to stop by and read Smile.

No comments:

Printfriendly