"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Saturday, January 9

My hair plans for the year

*Repost from T0B 1/13/14-

Now that I’m 3 years into my natural hair journey I feel I’ve gotten a hang on what products work best with my hair and knowing what it needs.  I’m past the stage that I want to try this and that product looking for it to do a “new thing” with my hair. Nothing new has happened with the use of a new product so I’m content with my staple products I continue to use.

This year a goal I do have in mind is to either stretch the products I do buy or make my own. Y'all know when money is tight you do what you gotta do. Let me make it clear by saying I will continue to buy a natural shampoo and conditioners from time to time so that’s not what I’m referring to.  The things I want to stretch or make myself are things like hot oil treatments, deep conditioners, protein treatments, gels, hair butters/creams, curly pudding, ect.

Last week I used a jar of baby food bananas, and 1/2 an avocado with some olive oil to stretch the last of a little bit of protein treatment I had left. Then I made a deep conditioner with 6 Tbsp. Coconut Oil and 3 Tbsp. of honey, and a couple Tbsp. of a thick conditioner all stirred together.  It did the job of providing my hair with good slip so I was please with the results. I’ll come back from time to time to post what I’ve tried and share how I’m progressing.

No comments:

Printfriendly