"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, June 2

Complete Steak Dinner in a Crockpot

One day I was busy, short on time, and needed a quick dinner idea in a hurry. This did the trick and we were all pleased with the end result.

complete steak dinner


steak dinner Complete Steak Dinner in a Crockpot

Ingredients:
Boneless steak of choice (enough to feed 4)
1/2 Steak Seasoning packet
1 medium onion cut in wedges
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Italian dressing (I used the roasted red pepper kind) or broth
6-8 red skin potatoes (small to medium size)
Olive oil
veggie of choice (corn on cob, asparagus, ect.)
foil

Directions:
I sprayed the inside of a 6 qt. crockpot (mine is oval shaped) with cooking spray. I placed the onion first in the bottom of the crockpot. I seasoned both sides with 1/2 pkg. of the seasoning that came with my box of steak (you can use steak ~n~ chop seasoning or salt and pepper to your desired taste). I put that on top of the onion. Next I poured the Worcestershire sauce and dressing on top of the meat. I washed and scrubbed the potatoes. I rubbed all over the outside of them with oil. I pricked the sides with a fork and sprinkle sea salt on skin. I pulled off a BIG piece of foil. I set all the potatoes in middle and close forming a big packet (like when you grill veggies). I placed the packet on top of steaks.

cooked red potatoes
This is the potatoes already done.

If you are using corn on cob, cut pieces of foil for each ear to be wrapped in. Set corn on foil pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Now cut thin slices of butter to put in each. Close tight and fit each piece around or on top of potato packet. Put top on crockpot and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or High 4 hours.

*If you are using something like asparagus, make a packet similar to the potato one (using less foil), drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Toss and seal closed. Do not add this packet until the last hour of cooking time. Place on top of potato packet and cover.

**Note: In my picture I had already added the steak w/seasoning and onion so they didn’t make the picture. I used up the rest of my salad dressing so that’s why the bottle was empty. I ended up making green beans instead of the asparagus. As I mentioned in the beginning I was kinda busy so I didn’t get around to adding them. This is a meal I would love to make at least once a month or maybe more using chicken breasts, or any other boneless meat.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Printfriendly