"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, November 10

Italian Chicken

IMG_20141013_192908
Crockpot Italian Chicken

Ingredients:

4 lb. whole chicken (or a family pack of chicken pieces)
1 cup (1/2 bottle) of Italian salad dressing (I love Wishbone)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic black pepper
1 small onion
1-2 stalks celery
3 carrots
1 gallon size Ziploc bag

Directions:

Wash chicken and let drain in sink. Put chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour Italian dressing and seasonings over it. Let marinade overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning I usually slice up the onion, chop the celery, and slice the carrots. I put these in the bottom of my crock pot. I pour the chicken and marinade on top of the vegetables. I cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.

Note: I like to serve this with brown or wild rice and a salad. Another thing I do if not using rice is to wash, peel, and slice 4-6 medium potatoes to go with the other veggies I put at the bottom of the crock pot. It soaks up the yummy flavors. I serve it with green beans or a salad.

 Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Printfriendly