"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, January 5

New Year’s Day Fun

Although we are 5 days in I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year. For the past few years, my family and I have adopted a new tradition for New Year’s Day. It all came about when hubby took me out on a date to the Melting Pot a few years ago. It was so much fun! I can remember everything about it. I loved spending alone time with my love. We have lots of fun together. Now the meal is a bit pricey, but oh so worth it. On our son’s birthday, I decided to recreate a Fondue dinner for a surprise. He had never been to the Melting Pot before so we thought we’d bring it to him. He absolutely loved it! I did it again as a surprise the next year for him and hubby on Valentine's Day. By the end of that year, we decided to have a Fondue Party for New Year’s Day. It was requested that from that point on we’d Fondue on New Year’s Day from now on. That’s how our tradition began 3 years ago. We have different things each time which makes it so interesting. So what did we have this time? Let’s take a look…

It all started with a cheese course. We had Swiss and Mozzarella Fondue. Our dippers were baguette cubes, green apples, grape tomatoes, leftover holiday shaped pretzels.

Fondue Collage

Next, we had our meat course. We had chicken, beef, port, steamed veggies, and portobello mushrooms. The day before I prepared some dips to use. We had Sriracha Aioli, Creamy Mustard Sauce, Red Pepper and Pineapple Habanero sauce, and Parmesan Garlic sauce.

Fondue Collage 2

Last we had our dessert course. I made white chocolate and peanut butter sauce. Our dippers were green apples, banana slices, pineapple chunks, graham crackers, and holiday pretzels.

Fondue Collage 3

This is a very fun meal to have when you’re bored with the norm. I like that you can use whatever you desire for cheese, sauces, and dippers. You’re only limited by your imagination Smile.  One word of caution. Expect to get FULL when eating a meal like this. We ate breakfast and a snack earlier in the day but saved our appetites for this meal. Hubby and I learned this after our date night at The Melting Pot. They were not lying about a little going a long way.

If you have never had Fondue and a trip to the Melting Pot is not in your budget, I encourage you to Google recipes and ways to do it at home. It’s great for getting together with friends, family nights, date nights, and parties.

No comments:

Printfriendly