"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, March 9

DIY Body and Lip sugar scrubs

I’ve shared before how I love Shea Moisture's hair and body products. The body oils smell so good after a good shower. They can last longer and (depending on what you buy) are cheaper than Bath and Body products, which makes my bank account happy :-) I love their face and body scrubs. I hate that I can’t keep a stock up on all my favorites. I only purchase them when they are BOGO Free around once or so a year. What’s a girl to do? Get in the kitchen, search in the cabinets, and pull out what you need to start making your own products.

Thanks be to God for Pinterest. The ideas and things you can learn how to do just blows my mind. I love it WAY more than Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. YouTube is another favorite cause HEY…there’s so much learning going on over there. :-) The amount of time most people spend on Facebook would be how much time I’m on Pinterest. I must confess I’m a little addicted to it ;-) Any free time I get I may pop into FB for less than 10 minutes, and about the same for Twitter and Google+. Anyhoo after some searching I found two products to make that I wanted to share.


As you can see I made two different sugar scrubs. I made some DIY Vanilla Sugar Lip Scrub as well as some Brown Sugar Face~n~Body Scrub.


This is the Vanilla Sugar Lip Scrub. To make it you’ll need:
1 Tbsp. Brown or white granulate sugar
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
2 drops of vanilla extract (go easy on this it’s just for scent)

Mix it all together in a small bowl and transfer to a jar with an airtight lid. I used one of my small Mason jars. I store this in the downstairs bathroom where it’s much cooler. I used it once this week and love it. Immediately I could feel how soft it made my lips. Don’t be tempted to eat it up because it takes good. I plan to use this a few times a  week to keep soft and kissable lips for hubby.


This is the Brown Sugar Face~n~Body Scrub. To make it you’ll need:
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Coconut Oil

Mix it all together in a small bowl and transfer to a jar with an airtight lid. I used my Mason jar with a clamp. I also store this in the downstairs bathroom where it’s much cooler. I use this once a week. If I need to use it in the shower I just get a little out and put it into something unbreakable because I know an accident is waiting to happen if I don’t. Now we don’t want that to happen do we? :-(

I plan to play around with some more scents and flavors once these are all gone. I love making my own products. I can control what’s in them and I get to save money cause they last much longer. That’s a win in my book!

No comments:

Printfriendly