"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, October 24

Batch {Bulk} Cooking with White Chicken Chili

I’m back to share with y’all another chili batch cooking session. This week I’ll show you different ways to make comfort meals out of big batches of white bean chicken chili.

Cooked White Chicken Chili

I cooked up a double batch of white bean chicken chili using some of the chicken I had in the freezer from my previous session where I cooked up a big batch of chicken legs and thighs. I made the chili in my 6 quart slow cooker. If you can tell by the picture, it was a LOT of chili. For dinner that night I used 2 cups of it to see how it would taste in a cheesy chili pie. It was yummy!

Batch Cooking White Chicken Chili
I separated the rest and put it into several different containers. Once the chili had completely cooled off I put it all in the refrigerator overnight. I poured 2 containers into a gallon sized labeled Ziploc bag, squeezed out as much air as possible, and put it on a baking sheet to freeze flat. The other containers I labeled and placed in the freezer. Now what can I use all of this chili for?

Meal ideas to serve chili over, in, or with:

* Chili Pie (Tamale Pie)
* Chili Chowder
* Chili Soup
* Chili Stew
* Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
* Chili Stuffed Peppers
* Rice Bowls
* serve over spaghetti squash
* Burritos
* Nachos
* Enchiladas

These are just examples of the many things you can do. If any other things come to mind, I may come back to add to this list later. What can you think of that I haven’t added to the list? Please fee free to let me know in the comments below. I will be back with you next week with another bulk cooking session.

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take some chip,top with shredded chicken add chili on top ,top with cheese sorry cream 😁 make like a nacho

Regina said...

My mouth is watering!

Tajuana said...

LOL

Tajuana said...

We had nachos that way for lunch. I slightly reheated a little of the chili, layered some tortilla chips on a pan, topped with some of the chili, sprinkled on cheese and popped in the oven to melt. We had it with sour cream and salsa on top. It was YUMMO!

Printfriendly