"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, April 10

Batch {Bulk} Cooking with Pasta Sauce

Pasta Sauce
I love making my own pasta sauce. To me the flavors are much better than any that I’ve bought off the store shelves. I normally make a double batch of it in my crockpot. This time around I decided to use a new friend: my Instant Pot to do the job much quicker. All I had to do was hit the saute button on the Instant Pot, add some EVOO to cover the bottom, then start sauteing the meat and veggies til done. If there is excess grease you just drain it and put the inner pot back in and add the rest of your ingredients. I set it on High pressure for 10 minutes and did a 5 minute NR then QR to let out the remaining steam. The results were not a disappointment :-)

Homemade Meat Pasta Sauce
I hope you check out my pasta sauce recipe here on the blog. It is totally customize-able to suit your own taste. In the ending note of the recipe I do share how to make it meatless as well as other things I do to sneak in more nutritious ingredients. Here are some different ways the pasta sauce can be enjoyed...

Ideas for Meat Pasta Sauce:

* Spaghetti
* Lasagna
* Lasagna Soup
* Use as a base for chili
* Serve over Spaghetti Squash
* Italian Stuffed Shells
* Stuffed Bell Peppers
* Baked Ziti
* Ravioli
* Calazones
* Baked Spaghetti Pie
* Stuffed Zucchini Boats
* Italian Sloppy Joes with Mozzarella Cheese
* Homemade Pizza
* English Muffin mini Pizzas
* French Bread Pizza Boats

Ideas for Meatless Pasta Sauce:

* Chicken Cacciatore
* Chicken Parmesan
* Ratatouille
* Chili
* Pita Bread Pizzas
* Homemade Pizza
* Use an immersion (stick) blender to smooth out and use as a marinara type dipping sauce. YUM!

No need to buy pasta sauce for different things if you already have some on hand. Are there any other tasty ideas for using pasta sauce that I didn’t list? Feel free to share them with me.

Print Friendly and PDF 


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2018. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Regina said...

We use alot of spaghetti sauce at our house so it would definitely make sense to make my own. I guess I could attempt to grow our own tomatoes to make the sauce. Thank you for the recipe.

Tajuana said...

You're most welcome. I bet growing your own tomatoes would make the sauce taste even better.

Printfriendly