"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Wednesday, June 1

Memphis BBQ Rub

I searched online for Memphis BBQ rub. For the past 8 years, I have used this rub to season meats before we grill/BBQ them. This stuff is good on ribs, chicken, beef, and other pork. It’s the only season I use. I use BBQ sauce as well not just the rub. My go-to sauce is the Kraft BBQ sauce but sometimes I use other brands. Let's take a look at the rub recipe:

IMG_20150524_183419_055

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. Paprika
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Onion powder
1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried Basil
1/2 Tbsp. ground mustard powder
2 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper

Directions:

Mix ingredients together and use to season meat of choice. Just sprinkle your desired amount on there. For ribs or steak just rub into the meat before grilling. Add BBQ sauce the way you normally do. We cook ours with some sauce on it. I mix some Kraft original BBQ sauce with some honey. Sometimes I add a few drops of Tabasco for an extra kick.

IMG_20150524_184953_348
 Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Printfriendly