"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, December 15

Pork and Butternut Squash Stew

IMG_20141021_191218

Pork and Butternut Squash Stew
 
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. oil
2-3 cups leftover pork roast, cubed (I used leftover shredded pork I had from when I made some for BBQ pulled pork sandwiches)
1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Italian stewed tomatoes
4 cups butternut squash (1 medium to large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes)
2 cups chicken broth
16 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables (I used frozen stewed vegetables)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dried thyme
2  tsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. flour

Directions:
In a skillet sauté onions, garlic, and mushrooms.  In a 6 quart slow cooker put meat on bottom and sprinkle flour on top.  Add sautéed vegetables, tomatoes, cubed squash, broth, mixed vegetables or stewed vegetables, and seasonings. Cook on LOW 6-8 hrs.

IMG_20141021_190851
Note: I served this with cornbread that our son made. We also added Tabasco sauce in our bowls of stew for a kick. I'm going to try this again but subbing the butternut squash with sweet potatoes. I'll be sure to post that recipe whenever I make it.




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Printfriendly