"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Wednesday, August 22

All new Prego Cooking Sauces

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to review and try out the all new Prego Cooking Sauces. I’m not new to the Prego brand, but I had never tried anything from them outside of their pasta sauces. I was interested in seeing how the new sauces would add a new take on eating chicken with these cooking sauces. I can now say I’m glad I did not pass up on that opportunity.

Prego Sauce
As a BzzAgent I was chosen to review Prego’s Creamy Lemon Parmesan Cooking Sauce. It comes in a 15 oz. jar. When I opened my box inside were directions, the sauce wrapped well and secure, and coupons. This sauce consist of “savory Italian flavors of cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon”. I checked Prego’s website to see if there were any other flavors. They have:

Creamy Marsala (14.5 oz.)
Tomato & Fresh Ricotta (15 oz.)
Garlic and Italian Herb (15 oz.)
Carbonara (15 oz.)

Prego Creamy Lemon Parmesan
On the jar it says it only takes 20 minutes to be ready. I could not wait for my family and I to try the Creamy Lemon Parmesan with some Penne noodles. I put a pot of water on to boil for my noodles. While that was going I decided to cut up some chicken breasts into bite size pieces. I sautéed them in a skillet with some olive oil until no longer pink. I put my noodles in the boiling water to cook then drain. While that was going I poured in the cooking sauce. It was not too watery or too thick. I was sure not to water it down so I just used a spatula to get out the remaining sauce on the sides of the jar. As it heated up in the skillet I gave it a little taste test. It had such a nice flavor. Me being me I wanted to amp up the flavor so I added some lemon zest and a few shakes of garlic pepper season. Perfecto! I mixed in my cooked and drained Penne pasta. Dinner was served with a side of steamed broccoli and bread. It was a winner for my family.

Prego Coupons
I’m so glad they gave us 5 coupons for FREE jars of Prego Cooking Sauce. The only store in our area that carries these is Publix. Good thing it’s 5 minutes from where we live. They only had two other varieties that they carry outside of the one we had already tried. I grabbed both jars and was planning for our next Prego meal. I shared some coupons with others as I told them about how good the sauce was.

Prego Creamy Marsala   Prego Tomato & Fresh Ricotta
The Creamy Marsala was good but could have used more flavor in my opinion. I used it as instead of adding in more flavors like I did with the Creamy Lemon Parmesan. I may buy it again and add some sautéed garlic, mushrooms, and onion to it to see how they help the flavor. The Tomato & Fresh Ricotta is very flavorful. I decided to do a skillet lasagna using cut up boneless chicken thighs. All I can say is WOW!!! We really liked it. My son suggested trying the same thing again with ground beef or sausage.

Prego Cooking Sauce pics
All in all I think Prego did a good job coming up with these flavors. I wish they had the other varieties at our local Publix. It would have been interesting to see how they pan out. For nutrition facts, ingredients, and to read about all the different varieties, visit Prego to learn more.



© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2018. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I don't know how I missed this. I love the idea of cooking sauces. I remember backnin the late 90s there was a product called Chicken Tonight cooking sauces. I can't remember who made it but I know it was really good.

Tajuana said...

Not sure if I remember Chicken Tonight. That sounds interesting though.

Printfriendly