"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, March 19

Ideas for leftover Corned Beef

My family and I are not big on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day like a lot of people do. I do love getting to see people walking around wearing one of my favorite colors (green) though :) We homeschool our son and he has learned so much about the history of this day through online research, books, educational videos, lapbooks, ect. During the week of St. Patties Day I love  having a good excuse to buy us some corned beef. Do you like corned beef? Have you ever had it? I didn’t know what I was missing until I cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage for us the first time. I even have a crockpot recipe for it here on the blog.


This time around I got to use my Instant Pot. My oh my! It was all that and a bag of chips. Something about that Instant Pot and what it does to the flavor of meat; WOW!!! I can’t explain it but the meat comes out perfect every time. Now let me tell you, corned beef only lasts a couple of days around here. Through some searching I found there are many delicious ways you can enjoy the leftover meat. The best way to store your leftovers in the fridge is in an airtight sealed container. Pour just a little of that good ole broth (it cooked in) on top as well to keep it moist. Here are some ways to enjoy those leftovers:

Sliced Meat Pieces:
* Reuben Sandwiches/slidders
* Reuben Sandwich Melt
* Reuben Quesidillas with Thousand Island dressing
* Reuben Crescents
* Grilled Cheese sandwich with caramelized onions and corned beef
* Corned Beef hash and egg sandwich

Chopped, Strips, or Cubed Meat Pieces:
* Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole
* Reuben Noodle Casserole
* Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
* Corned Beef and Cabbage Chowder
* Corned Beef and Cabbage Stir-fry
* Corned Beef and Cabbage Rolls (made like cabbage rolls)
* Corned Beef and Cabbage hash (can also put fried egg on top)
* Corned Beef eggs Benedict
* Corned Beef muffins (savory)
* Reuben Pasta Salad
* Reuben Dip (serve with crackers, rye bread pieces, ect.)

These tasty ideas to stretch or use up any leftover corned beef makes me want to buy it more often. Are there any other ideas that I didn’t list? Feel free to tell me about them.

Print Friendly and PDF 


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2018. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

No comments:

Printfriendly