"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, June 3

TSW Daybook~ June 2019



For Today: 6/3/19
_____________________________

Looking out my window
Woke up to temps in the upper 60s. It’s sunny but nice outside.
Our high for today is 78 degrees.

I am thinking
About my upcoming birthday (next month).

I am thankful
For a supportive and loving husband.

One of my favorite things
   When my hubby cooks us dinner. It’s always different from what I normally make. ;)

I am creating
Nothing at this time.

I am wearing
A turquoise T-shirt with light yellow capris and brown flip flops.

I am reading
Wives of the Bible by Jolene Engle (for the 2nd time around).

I’m watching
Nothing at the moment.

I’m listening to
Nothing at the moment.

I am hoping
I get to visit the Farmer’s Market this month.

I am learning
To think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtue, and praiseworthy”.
Philippians 4:8

In my kitchen

Today I made a batch of chicken stock from bones and veggie scraps hanging out in the freezer. Took only 120 minutes in the Instant Pot!

Board room
I was raised in the South and sure enough, we say things like this:

Post Script
We finished our homeschooling journey last May. For several years I loved using the classes and resources on SchoolhouseTeachers. If you are a homeschooling momma or about to start your homeschooling journey, there is a lot of great things to help in all types of subjects for the upcoming school year.

Shared Quote
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
-Frederick Douglass

A moment from my day

Just catching up on my 1 Corinthians Bible Study.

Closing Notes
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to read other ladies Simple Woman Journal posts. Just head on over to our host site to see more.
______________________________


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

You have a beautiful blog. Wives of the Bible -- that's a title I've not heard before but I'm sure it's both interesting and very instructive in the best of ways. I totally agree with your quote from Frederick Douglass. May we all remember that truth when dealing with children, both our own and those outside of our family.

Tajuana said...

Thank you for the comment Mrs. Barbara! Wives of the Bible is a great book to help Christian wives with practical ways to live out Biblical Wifehood. I read it once before and thought I'd revisit it again. I will be stopping by and visiting your blog soon :)

Regina said...

What a lovely post. Our temps here have been in the 80s and next week will be in the 90s. And how many years has the Lord blessed you with so far?

Tajuana said...

Hey Regina! I will be 43 on July 3rd :)

Regina said...

Almost a 4th of July baby! Just think,if God had decided to let you be born the next day, everyone would be celebrating your birth! ✨πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡

Tajuana said...

Yes, my moma said I almost made it to the 4th but she went into labor too soon. We do celebrate my birthday right on into the 4th anyhow. Plenty of cake, ice cream, and BBQ!

Deb said...

So very nice to visit you here. I've participated in Daybook sporadically and always enjoy when I do!
Very neat hearing you're a homeschool momma! We homeschooled for 17 years, and our kids are in their 30s now...one is a surgeon and this non-college educated momma taught him to read! Amazing!
My birthday is July 2nd....and we celebrate all week! Win-Win! :) Growing up my parents always got the 4th of July week off work, and we always went on vacation....so I got used to celebrating all week. My husband has amazingly kept up the tradition! :)
Thanks for your enjoyable post.

Tajuana said...

So nice to have you stop by Deb! It's always great to cross paths with another homeschooling momma. What an amazing testimony you have. Your birthday is the same day as my older brother. That is so sweet of your husband to keep up your birthday tradition. I hope you have a blessed celebration again this year :)

Printfriendly