"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Wednesday, October 7

Homemade Leave-in Conditioner

I picked up a few bottles of my favorite conditioner. Kinky Curly Knot Today is one of the best conditioners for all hair types but especially for people with very curly hair. It can be used as a leave-in conditioner too. It has great slip and I can get tangles out without loosing all my hair and it doesn’t take hours to do either. One thing about this conditioner that’s not so good is the price. One bottle cost me $12.00 and it’s 8oz. I bought 2 because this stuff doesn’t last long for me. I was glad to find a leave-in conditioner recipe online that would help me stretch my bottle further. It came from a natural hair YouTuber I often watch. Here is what I use to make up the concoction (Note: I substituted the oils):

My beautiful picture

I have here Kinky Curly Knot Today, Aloe Vera Juice, and Africa’s Best Herbal Oil (used in place of the other oils called for in original recipe).

My beautiful picture

On the back of my KCKT bottle I’m marking each time I use the conditioner to see how many uses I’ll get out of it once I’ve used it up. As you can see I’ve used this one 2 times already. Since I bought 2 of these bottles and only make up the recipe each time I wash my hair, I hope by stretching it this way I can get up to 2.5-3 months use with these bottles. My results are a creamy conditioner that’s not too watery or too thick. The pH balance in this is great for my hair leaving me with curly ends. I love the smell too! If you would like the original recipe here it is:

Kimmaytube’s Leave in Conditioner

1 oz. Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In (or 2 tablespoons of YOUR preferred silicone free leave-in)
2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Juice (Whole leaf version) with a pH 4.0 or 4.5
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil (optional…can do without it)
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil

Mix ingredients in a small bowl. This mixture should be applied to wet, freshly washed hair. You can substitute the oils if you’d like. It should be enough to use on your entire head of hair. If there are leftovers just put it in the fridge for later use. Use the leftovers within 3 days.

No comments:

Printfriendly