"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Wednesday, October 7

You can have soft skin without using Lotion

I have not bought any lotion for 5 years now. That may sound strange but it’s true. You won’t find any bottles of lotion in our home. I do carry hand lotion in my purse but it was from a gift set I got from someone Smile. As I continue to get older I notice changes in my skin. It’s harder to keep moisturized than in my younger years. Another problem I deal with is hard water. No matter what type or brand of lotion I used my skin would not stay soft and moisturized.

hair & body oil How did I solve my problem? I have shared my Shealoe mix and now I have a version of Naptural85’s DIY hair and body oil. In my mix I have:

2.5oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.5 oz. Jojoba Oil
1oz. Castor Oil
1oz. Avocado Oil
1oz. Grapeseed Oil
1oz. Sweet Almond Oil
1oz. Apricot Kernel Seed Oil
5 drops Vitamin E oil
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil

Directions: In an 8 oz. applicator bottle (mine has measurements on the back) I pour in the oils one at a time using a funnel. I screw on the top and shaken to mix the oils together.

finished oil How to use: Immediately after I finish my shower and towel dry, I rub some of this oil onto my skin while my pores are still open. As my skin finish drying the oil is absorbed in and keeps it soft and moisturized all day long. I do the same thing if I’m using my Shealoe mix. The great thing about both is that I can use them on my hair and body since I know what I’ve put in them. The hair and body oil is great for doing hot oil treatments as well as making a great sealant when doing twists.

Don’t worry about being oily. Our skin absorbs these oils very well. A little goes a LONG way. You won’t have to use much to get the job done. I sometimes change up the essential oil to create a different smell. I no longer have the need to buy lotion since my hubby and son uses these too. Believe it or not this saves us lots of money because we’re not having to use so much like we did with lotion. I used to have to buy lotion in bulk at Costco ever six months so I wouldn’t have to keep having to buy it each month. It’s been 5 years now I we don’t miss the lotion.

No comments:

Printfriendly