"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Friday, January 8

My hair loves me again...

*Repost from T0B 3/14/14-

I could not wait any longer.  My hair was a hot mess. It was thirsty, tangled, and dirty. A few weeks ago I went in for major surgery and have been in recovery. I needed help with everything but I’m the only one who does my hair. I put micro twists in so I wouldn’t have to worry with it for a while. After 3 weeks of not being able to wash my hair it felt SO GOOD to feel water on my hair and scalp again.

IMAG0018      IMAG0022

Just look at those curly, juicy, and plump twists. Yes my hair is loving me again! It felt so abused and neglected. I had to clarify, do a protein treatment and a deep conditioning to get it back to a happy state. It took me a WHOLE DAY but I got it done.

IMAG0020      IMAG0021

I’ll probably be wearing these for a day or so before I take them down.  For twisting I used my concoction of 6 tsp. of a curling pudding and 9 tsp. of gel mixed together.  This helps my products stretch a little longer which in turn saves me money.  Mixing it this way helps me get the definition I’m looking for when I take my twists down. The style can last me at least 5 days before having to wash and redo. If I have to refresh in between then at night I just spritz with a little water and rub a little flax seed gel or Shealoe on then put up in fatter twists. I’m careful not to disturb the curls when doing this so that in the morning all I have to do is unravel, fluff, and go.

Spring is coming so it’s back to co-washing several times a week with one deep condition in between. I just purchased 6 Eco Styler gels (16 oz. containers) under $3 a piece from StocknGo. My total was only around $20. This will definitely get me through the year! I can’t wait until Summer so I can wear my wash n go. I’m going to try Naptural85’s way and see what results I get. Well that’s all for now. Until next time rejoice because God loves you!

No comments:

Printfriendly