"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Friday, January 8

Summer weather hair!

*Repost from T0B 6/10/14-

We’re finally seeing consistent warmer temperatures here in the Midwest. I get so tired of the cold weather after a while. The crazy/too cold weather is one of those things I dislike about living here.  I just got back from a week of camping.  I wore my hair up in mini twists for nearly 4 weeks so I wouldn’t have to bother with it while at camp. After a week of swimming, sweating, and just being outdoors my hair was screaming to be let down and receive some major care.  It took a whole day to take the twists down because of the tangles then another whole day to do a wash, protein treatment, and deep conditioning under my hair steamer.  I decided to follow up with a simple style that I’m going to continue doing the whole summer.

IMAG0117      IMAG0118      IMAG0119

This is my wash n go hair.  I can wear this style up to 5 days without having to wash and reset it.  Each night all I have to do is spritz a little water up in the air and let it fall down on my hair.  I put on a plastic cap and my bonnet then head to bed.  In the morning I take off the cap and bonnet, give my hair a good shake from side to side, fluff and go.  I got this easy idea from Naptural85 on Youtube.
 
This style shows my natural (4a/b) curls.  I’m not much for hair typing but after much research I came to understand that my hair with its tight coils is the pattern of an “S” shape, and springs back when pulled and let go of.  That is considered type a or b hair.  Here I am stretching my hair from it’s shrunken curly state to show its true length.

IMAG0122      IMAG0123

I surprise myself sometimes. LOL Once it dries after setting my curls it does not stay hanging down my shoulders.  I only get that result from stretching or straightening my hair.  It’s too hot to be wearing it straight because I’ll just sweat it out anyway.  That’s too much hard work to have puffy frizzy hair within a day. (For me on hot days I welcome the shrinkage) I measured and I have over 14” of hair since cutting an inch off my ends in January. I may come back in 4 weeks to post if I kept my word on the daily wash n go hairstyle. That’s all for today and thanks for dropping in to read my hair rambling. Be blessed!

No comments:

Printfriendly