"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, January 6

My Jan. 2020 Simple Woman’s Daybook


For Today: 1/6/20
_____________________________

simple-woman-daybook-large

Looking out my window
It’s cold but sunny outside. Our high for today is 51 degrees.

I am thinking
About doing some daily scripture writing from the book of James (for the next 4 weeks).

I am thankful
For the start of a New Year.

One of my favorite things
Settling down at the end of the day with a cup of hot herbal tea :)

I am creating

I’m still trying to get my bullet journal set up for this year. I usually have it finished by now, but I’m trying to do something new.

I am wearing
A striped shirt and maroon pants.

I am reading
I plan to read a chapter a day of James before doing my scripture writing.

I’m watching (want to watch)
I seriously need to catch up on my YouTube subscriptions (I only subscribe to a handful anyway). I haven’t watched videos since October.

I’ve been listening to
Old-school Kenny G songs with my hubby. He shared with our son how some of the songs are very special because he constantly listened to them when he first met me over 20 years ago :)

I am hoping
I finish setting up my household planner (along with my bullet journal) by the end of this week.

I am learning
To “Count It All Joy” no matter what kind of day I’m having.

In my kitchen
Today I cooked up a pot of Wild Rice as well as a pot of Red and White Quinoa that I soaked overnight. I plan to soak some beans tonight to cook and freeze tomorrow. If I get around to it, I'll cook up some grass-fed ground beef to have on hand to make some chili this week.

Post Script
One year on our Anniversary (our 20th) my hubby surprised me to dinner out at a Japanese Steakhouse. It was the first time I had been to one. On our son’s 18th birthday we took him to a Japanese Hibachi. It’s so much fun watching them prepare the food right before your eyes. Although we enjoy the experience, the food is pricey. In 2018 I tried making an At Home Hibachi dinner after watching someone do it on YouTube. It is much easier than I thought. Since then we have done it 3 times.
You can check out the post where I shared some pics of ours.

Shared Quote
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started”.
-Mark Twain

A moment from my day

For dinner tonight we ate homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
We also had homemade sourdough bread (not pictured) toasted with Ghee.

Closing Notes
Hope you enjoyed a little peek into my life. Be sure to head on over to the host site to read other ladies Simple Woman Daybooks.
______________________________


© My Life 0utside The Box 2020. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

6 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

I did enjoy a little peek into your life! The noodle soup looks so good, hubby and I always enjoy a bowl of hot soup. Reading through James will be interesting, I read through Luke before Christmas. Hope you have a great day.

Tajuana said...

Hi Mrs. Mary! So glad to hear you enjoyed my daybook. I'm a big soup lover. As of today, I'm happy to say I have completed reading and writing all of James chapter 1 this week. Doing a happy dance now :)

Gayl Wright said...

I love this peek into your life! I'm also a tea drinker and love all things natural. I also recently made some homemade chicken noodle soup. I often make my own broth after cooking a whole chicken, but this time I used organic from the store. We also use grass fed beef. I love that you made a hibachi style meal. I've eaten at one of those Japanese restaurants a couple of times, and yes they are pricey so saved for special occasions. So nice to "meet" you via The Simple Woman's Daybook. Blessings to you! I hope to visit again sometime.

Tajuana said...

So glad you enjoyed my daybook Gayl! I make my own broth and stocks often. There's always some in the freezer ready to be used at any time. My family loved the grass-fed beef in the chili this week. I will use some more grass-fed beef next week to make Taco Soup. Please do visit again soon :)

Tracey said...

I would like to see pics of your Hibachi dinner. I do bullet journaling, too! Blessings!

Tajuana said...

Hi Tracey! Nice to "meet" another bullet journal lover. I added a link above so you can see the pics of our Hibachi dinner :)

Printfriendly