"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Saturday, January 9

Hair Update ~ mini twists

*Repost from T0B 6/1/13-

I’m back with another hair update. I can hardly believe it’s been 2.5 years (30 months) that I’ve been natural. I started on my natural hair journey by transitioning the beginning of April 2010 so I’ve been on my natural hair journey for three years. New Year’s Eve will mark my actual 3 year mark since I cut off the rest of those permed ends and was finally free!

With the weather getting warmer I decided to put my hair up in mini twists. Last month I wore micro twists but unfortunately I didn’t take pics of them. I looked at my old photos from this time last year and can see the growth. I did however take pictures of my mini twists so I could show how much hair I’ve grown back since I got it cut 4 weeks ago. Here they are:

My beautiful picture
It took 2 days to take down my micro twists. I shampooed and deep conditioned it. I sat under my hair steamer for the deep conditioning. After that I rinsed and applied my leave in conditioner.

My beautiful picture
I heard some great things about Aussie Moist Conditioner so I decided to buy some and give it a try. Let me tell you this stuff smells great!  It made a great leave in too. Why did it take me so long to try it? My hair was smelling so good my hubby decided he would use some to shave his face and head. I’m telling you the man won’t stay out of my hair products. Oh well that’s why I use his razors to shave my legs.
Open-mouthed smile
My beautiful picture
I set my twists on wet hair with a little gel. I seal in the moisture with some natural oils. Here’s a side shot of my hair so you can see how much has grown back. Btw…my hair is 75% dry in this pic. Now that you see all the shrinkage lets move on to my length check.

My beautiful picture
Here’s the front being stretched to check the length.

My beautiful picture
Here’s the length of one of my sides.

My beautiful picture
Here’s the length from the back of my head.

My beautiful picture
The is the length of the crown of my head when the hair is stretched. Now my arms are tired so it’s time for a break. Whew…glad that’s over.

All in all when measured I have around 12.5 inches in some places and 14 inches in others. I’m still learning so much about my hair even at this point. I continue to love my hair and enjoy the journey. I’m going to see how long I can leave these twists in before they start to look a hot mess. I’ll do weekly co-washing to freshen them and see if I can make it over 2 weeks before having to take them down. Until next time thanks for stopping by and reading. Smile

No comments:

Printfriendly