"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, October 3

Batch {Bulk} Cooking with Chili

I’m back to share with y’all another batch cooking session. This week I’ll show you how cooking big batches of chili won’t leave you stuck eating bowls of chili day after day after day.

Batch Cooking Chili

Bulk Chili

I cooked up a double batch of chili using some of the ground beef I cooked up in my previous session where I cooked up a whole 5 lbs. chub of ground beef. I made the chili in my 6 quart slow cooker. If you can tell by the picture, it was almost to the rim. For dinner that night I used 2 cups of it to make a cheesy chili pie. It was delish!

Cooked Chili

I separated the rest and put it into several different containers. Once the chili had completely cooled off I put it all in the refrigerator overnight. I poured 2 containers into a gallon sized labeled Ziploc bag, squeezed out as much air as possible, and put it on a baking sheet to freeze flat. The other containers I labeled and placed in the freezer. Now what can I use all of this chili for?

Meal ideas to serve chili over, in, or with:

* Chili Mac (I do homemade version)
* Chili Cheese Fries
* Chili Cheese Dogs (oven baked is good too)
* Taco Salad
* Chili Pie (Tamale Pie)
* Chili Stuffed Potatoes
* Chili Stuffed Peppers
* Cornbread Waffles topped with chili and cheese
* Potato Hash
* Rotel Chili Dip
* “Cincinnati” Style Chili
* Burritos
* Nachos
* Enchiladas

These are just examples of the many things you can do. If any other things come to mind, I may come back to add to this list later. What can you think of that I haven’t added to the list? Please fee free to let me know in the comments below. I will be back with you next week with another bulk cooking session.

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with chili. I make a Large batch and freeze it

Tajuana said...

Cool! Do you do different things with it or just thaw out and eat a bowl of it each time?

Regina said...

Yum! This sounds delicious! Do you ever pressure can?

Tajuana said...

No I have not learned how to can anything. Maybe I will someday :)

Anonymous said...

Hey T, do you make homemade meatballs,and freeze?

Tajuana said...

I have but I got lazy and just use the frozen ones when they go on sale. That lets you know we don't have meatballs that often ;-)

Printfriendly