"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, March 25

1 Corinthians chapter 5

It’s time to look at another chapter in 1 Corinthians. Last week I shared chapter 4. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of time today to dig deeper like I did in previous posts. That won’t stop me from moving on and sharing this next chapter with you. I have highlighted what stands out to me. I have also underlined and changed the color of the most serious parts of it.


1 Corinthians 5:1-13 (NKJV)

Immorality Defiles the Church
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.


Immorality Must Be Judged
I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Tajuana, I don't talk about this very much but several years ago, maybe 30 years ago(wow it's been that long!) I was attending an awesome church.
The pastor was an awesome teacher. Then it was revealed that he was having an affair. He was married to a very godly woman. Our church family was crushed! The church handled it quite well and he was asked to resign. We never saw him again.

Sexual sin destroys. It destroys church families. It destroys marriages and the children. It destroys businesses. There was a Christian homeschool business we would get occassional curriculum but it was shuttered because of sexual sin.

Apostle Paul was spot on about sexual immorality and it continues today. I have to confess that I don't trust pastors no matter who they are 100% because of so many falling into sexual sin.

Tajuana said...

That is awful Regina. Yes sexual sin destroys everything. Apostle Paul was spot on indeed. I don't give 100% trust either. Pastor is just a title. They are just like everyone else but they are to lead the flock by example. We need godly men to lead us for sure.

Printfriendly