"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, October 7

TSW Daybook~ October 2019



For Today: 10/7/19
______________________________

Looking out my window
It is cloudy outside. Our high today is 66 degrees.

I am thinking
About how fast the days seem to fly by. When I’m just settling down to enjoy the weekend, I blink and it’s already Sunday night.

I am thankful
That with God all things are possible. I have enough raw local honey and Elderberry syrup stocked up to get through the next few months. I love going to the Farmer’s Market!

One of my favorite things
Watching the birds and squirrels outside my window during Autumn :-)

I am creating
A surprise for my son’s birthday this month.

I am wearing
A purple shirt and jean short pants.

I am reading
My Bible. I started a new Bible Study last week on the book of Philippians. I’m joining in with other Christian ladies online.

I’m watching
Nothing at the moment.

I am hoping
To stock up on lots of tea for the cooler weather. I love drinking all kinds of hot teas in the Fall and Winter months.

I am learning
More and more about traditional cooking and its benefits to our health.
In these pics I have a sourdough starter that I use each week to make pancakes, waffles, or muffins with.


Sourdough Waffles

In my kitchen
These days I have been making homemade pancake syrup, buttermilk, Kefir, cream cheese, and lacto-fermented ketchup.

Homemade Pancake Syrup

DIY Buttermilk

Board room
I made some Apple Butter recently. I did not know you can use the skin and core scraps to make your own Apple Cider Vinegar. I found on Pinterest a way to make homemade Apple Cider Vinegar. I saved my scraps to make it. It has been over 3 weeks. I can't wait to see the finished results.

Post Script
I have been learning a lot of helpful information from Traditional Cooking School. There is so much to learn and I've tried many new ideas in our home.

Shared Quote
Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. "
-Annette Funicello

A moment from my day
Still adding healthier choices for our new (but permanent) changes in the way we eat.


Closing Notes
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to read other ladies Simple Woman Journal posts. Just head on over to our host site to see more
______________________________


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

8 comments:

Pat said...

I am trying, but just starting to be healthier, got a LONG way to go but trying. I think I need to visit here more often to learn from you. Thanks for sharing.

Tajuana said...

You're welcome Pat. I'm still learning and taking baby steps as I go. I'm glad you stopped by. God bless you :)

Anita said...

Hello :) I arrived at your blog from The Simple Woman. I used to love baking sourdough bread, although now that I have to be gluten-free, I have yet to find a bread recipe I really like!
I enjoyed your post!

Tajuana said...

Hi Anita! I hope you find a gluten-free recipe that you like. I've heard some people have successfully baked some gluten-free sourdough breads. I'm so glad you stopped by :)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh yes, like you, I often shake my head at how fast days seem to fly by. It's Monday and then it's Friday in a blink.

Must agree with that lovely Annette Funicello quotation you shared. It's true that life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.

Your waffles look so delicious. And I have never had homemade buttermilk. I think my mom used to make it many years ago.

Thanks for the glimpse into your world today. Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.

Brenda

Tajuana said...

Hi Brenda and thanks for the compliment on my waffles. They taste so delicious. I didn't know how easy it was to make buttermilk like this. Now I have perpetual buttermilk since I do it all the time now :-)

Mrs. M. said...

Hi Tajuana, your recipe's look delicious! I'm going to definitely have to try the sourdough waffles!

Tajuana said...

Glad to have you stop by Mrs. M! I can't believe how much we like the sourdough waffles. Every other week I make either those or some sourdough pancakes. Both are delicious :)

Printfriendly