"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, September 26

What I’m up to this Fall

Fall is here and I see the colorful leaves piling up all over the front and back yard. The allergy headaches have come for a visit, but I really love this time of year. The days are getting shorter, and we’re getting temps in the lower 80s. I’m starting to crave turkey and dressing with cranberry sauce so I’m glad we will celebrate Thanksgiving in a few months. I have some things I want to do. I make a list in my journal each year of the things I’d like to experience and make happen. Here is a list of those things.

My Fall Bucket List

* Do some Fall cleaning
* Decorate the house for Fall
* Get out the Fall scented candle wax (to use daily)
* Take our bed comforters, pillows, and curtains to the laundromat to use the BIG washer and dryers.
* Make LOTS of Apple Butter
* Make Pear Butter
* Make Pumpkin Butter
* Roast and puree some sweet potatoes, pumpkins, and different squash. Freeze to use in future meals.
* Bake sweet breads (zucchini, banana, pumpkin, etc.)
* Make chili, stews, and chowders
* Do some batch cooking (different kinds of beans). Freeze for use in soups and chili
* Drink lots of herbal and green teas during cooler days/nights
* Learn how to make my own Elderberry Syrup, to stay stocked up through the Fall and Winter seasons.

© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

No comments:

Printfriendly