"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, September 2

TSW Daybook~ September 2019



For Today: 9/2/19
______________________________

Looking out my window
Today is Labor Day but I don't see anyone outside grilling. It could be due to how humid it is today. It's partly cloudy and our high for today is 90 degrees.

I am thinking
That it really wasn’t really that hot this summer. I believe the highest temps we’ve had is probably 98 degrees.

I am thankful
My favorite season is just around the corner…come on Fall!

One of my favorite things
Looking at houses with Fall decorations when out and about around town :-)

I am creating
Nothing. I’m actually just decluttering and cleaning out some files from my laptop.

I am wearing
A red shirt, blue capris, and flip flops.

I am reading
Still reading through “Nourishing Traditions” by Sally Fallon.

I’m watching
Traditional Cooking videos on Youtube.

I am hoping
I get some Elderberry Syrup and local Raw Honey soon. Allergies are starting to act up and it's annoying :(

I am learning
How to make our own whey and cream cheese (from yogurt) as well as our own buttermilk. I can’t believe how easy it is to do.

In my kitchen
I mentioned before we were eating salads throughout the week all summer. I'm happy to say we stuck to it and lost an inch around our waistlines. We will continue eating salads for the few weeks of Summer that are left.

Here are a few of those yummy salads we enjoyed!

Pictured from left to right is:
Top- Club Sandwich Salad, and BBQ Pulled Pork Salad
Bottom- Chicken and Ham Cobb Salad, and last is a Crabmeat Cobb Salad.

Made some Ghee a.k.a. Clarified Butter. Liquid Gold! YUM!

The photo above and below is the start of a new (but permanent) lifestyle change for our family.


Board room
Try making your own cream cheese, buttermilk, or Ghee
You'll be amazed at how cheap and easy it is to do.

Post Script
I invite you to check out the Weston A. Price Foundation. There is a wealth of information there about the foods we eat.

Shared Quote
“Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.”
-George Washington

A moment from my day
Just chillin' and enjoying some BBQ with my family :-)

Closing Notes
Thanks for stopping by. You too can join in, or read other ladies posts by visiting the host site
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
______________________________

© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

No comments:

Printfriendly