"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, February 25

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls


Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Lasagna Rolls

Ingredients:

1 lb. chicken breasts
salt and pepper
12 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
15 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
15 oz. Ricotta or cottage cheese (see note)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (divided)
1 large egg, beaten
Optional: Fresh spinach (I use a handful)
2.5 cups shredded Italian blend, or mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Clean chicken and drain or pat dry. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet or bake in oven until fully done (or cook in a crockpot ahead of time). Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles in a pot of boiling water till al dente. Drain and set flat on a greased pan (I used two different pans). Shred or cube cooked chicken and put in a large bowl. Pour 1 cup of Alfredo sauce over top. Mix and set aside.

In a medium bowl combine ricotta (or cottage) cheese, egg, 1 cup of shredded cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and the Italian seasoning. Place a spoonful of ricotta mixture down the center of each lasagna noodle (being sure to leave some space on the sides of noodles). Place some fresh spinach leaves (if using) down the center (over) ricotta mixture. Now put a spoonful of chicken mixture on top of the spinach. Carefully roll up each noodle from one end to the other. Put 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce in a sprayed baking dish. Place the lasagna rolls in a single layer on top of sauce in baking dish seam side down (I usually use more than one dish). Drizzle any leftover Alfredo sauce on top of each roll. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top. Sprinkle on the other 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. I also like to sprinkle parsley or an herb mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.

Serve individual lasagna rolls with garlic bread or toast and a salad. (Sometimes I just do some steamed veggies in place of the salad.)

Note: Using cottage cheese will change the texture of the mixture. The addition of the spinach is not necessary. I just like using it since we usually have some around. I also do regular Lasagna Rolls. They are yummy too!

© My Life 0utside The Box 2020. All Rights Reserved. All personal photos, text, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Ooh yum! I've never heard of this before. Thank you for sharing. Oh and I signed up to try a Walmart beauty box. It took me forever to actually try it ever since I saw yours awhile back. I can't wait for it to get here!

Tajuana said...

You're welcome Regina. I canceled my subscription to the Walmart beauty box. I haven't gotten a box in over a year. I hope you like what you get. It would be nice to get a peek inside ;-)

Regina said...

It's arriving today so it will be fun to see what will be in it. I think the only unboxing posts I ever done was the teacup exchanges that Stephanie used to do over at The Enchanting Rose.

Printfriendly