"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Thursday, January 14

A wise woman builds her house…

Hi everyone. I just thought I’d pop in here to share something I read during my time in God’s Word. Proverbs 14:1 (KJV) says:

“Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.”

If you are a married Christian woman ask yourself this question “Am I a wise or a foolish woman?” When I ponder this question I think back to when once upon a time I was a very foolish woman. I was plucking my house down with my hands. My marriage was a mess in those days. Thanks be to our Heavenly Father I’m growing more and more into a wise woman each day. My marriage is thriving now because Christ is ruling and reigning in it. I decided years ago I wanted nothing more than for God to be glorified in it. He showed me it was NOT all about me but about Him.

I want to share something I read in Matthew Henry’s Commentary concerning Proverbs 14:1

“Note,
1. A good wife is a great blessing to a family. By a fruitful wife a family is multiplied and replenished with children, and so built up. But by a prudent wife, one that is pious, industrious, and considerate, the affairs of the family are made to prosper, debts are paid, portions raised, provision made, the children well educated and maintained, and the family has comfort within doors and credit without; thus is the house built. She looks upon it as her own to take care of, though she knows it is her husband's to bear rule in, Est_1:22.
2. Many a family is brought to ruin by ill housewifery, as well as by ill husbandry. A foolish woman, that has no fear of God nor regard to her business, that is wilful, and wasteful, and humoursome, that indulges her ease and appetite, and is all for jaunting and feasting, cards and the play-house, though she come to a plentiful estate, and to a family beforehand, she will impoverish and waste it, and will as certainly be the ruin of her house as if she plucked it down with her hands; and the husband himself, with all his care, can scarcely prevent it.”

With that being said let’s chew on what we've learned and let the Holy Spirit help us be the wives God called us to be. This is the beginning of a new year. Let’s decide to strive better to live in our God-designed roles as a believing wife. Happy New Year to you all!

© My Life 0utside The Box 2021. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Married2KDK said...

Such a blessing to be encouraged by God's word! Thanks for this post! -@Teamkempacademy and @Married2KDK on IG

Tajuana said...

I'm glad you were blessed by it @Married2KDK! You're welcome and thanks for stopping by. Hope you come back again :)

Printfriendly