"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, February 1

The Simple Woman {Feb. 2021}

simple-woman-daybook-large

For Today: 2/1/21
_____________________________

Looking out my window
It is cloudy and COLD outside. Our high for today is 37 degrees. We got a little rain yesterday with some light snowfall last night.

I am thinking
That maybe I should start a Tip Tuesday to share things I've learned to help me when doing meal prepping and such.

I am thankful
Hubby and I celebrated 25 years of marriage yesterday :-)

One of my favorite things
  Doing special things for my family for Valentine’s Day. It will be here in a few weeks y’all.

I am creating
Doing some reorganizing around the home.

I am wearing
A floral blouse with maroon pants and comfy house shoes.

I am reading/listening to
I have been listening to the Bible being read while I follow along with the words on the screen/tv. To do this I’m using KJV Complete Bible on DVD.

I’m watching
Magnum P.I. on the T.V.

I am hoping
I find a good deal on a cover for my classic sized Happy Planner. Last month I got a great deal on this Gold mini cover. It was on sale for over 70% off!

I am learning
I’m a true type Bee Clutterbug. I’ll share more on that in a moment :-)

In my kitchen
Butternut Squash Soup
I have FINALLY used my Instant ACE to make soup. I made this delicious Butternut Squash soup you see above. It was so CREAMY. I have never been able to get my soups that creamy. To make it even better I added some sour cream and cooked bacon on top. I have also made (different day) some Tomato Basil soup to eat with grilled cheese sandwiches on sourdough bread. Can you say YUM!?

More Of Value
For the past few years, I’ve noticed more women getting into the habit of having a “Word of the Year”. I would try to find out what it was all about and I kept feeling like something was odd about it. I’m glad I didn’t jump on the bandwagon because here is why.

Post Script
I’m taking a mini-course to learn about my clutterbug type. I want to get better at keeping things better organized around the home. I do have some type of workable system in some areas, but I need help with other out of control areas. There are times I get lazy and let stuff pile up. If you want to learn more about your organization style aka Clutterbug type, check out the free Clutterbug Quiz to see what your type is.

Shared Quote
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom”.
-Psalms 90:12

A moment from my day
Putting up Valentine's Day decor around the home

Closing Notes
I didn’t do a Simple Woman Daybook post last month because I was so busy. I think I’ll shoot for doing one every other month for now. Thank you to all who stop by to read and especially to those who leave comments. I really appreciate them. Before you go don't forget to pop over and read other ladies Simple Woman Journal posts that are linked at our host site.
______________________________

© My Life 0utside The Box 2021. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I was so blessed to see that you shared a post from Michelle Lesley (word of the year). I confess I've done that once or twice, on my own, simply trying to get organized or back on track. Then I noticed everyone was doing it and wondered why. It was great to re-read that post from Michelle, so thanks for sharing, I also shared a post from her on my SWDB this time!

I've made butternut squash soup too, it's full of potassium and magnesium, both of which are good for arthritis, I added a dash of cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice to mine, next time I'll try the sour cream.

Thanks for sharing, have a blessed day!
Valerie

Tajuana said...

Hi Valerie. I'm so glad to hear that you were blessed by Michelle's post. I was going to jump on the bandwagon at one point but felt something just wasn't right. I was glad to come across that post which assured me I didn't need to follow the crowd :)

I love making butternut squash soup. I'll have to try the cream and pumpkin pie spice next time I make some. Thanks for stopping by and sharing :)

Printfriendly