"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Wednesday, July 28

August 2021 Weekly Meal Plans

Hi everyone. Can you believe July will be over in a few days? When I started seeing parents over in the school section at Walmart a few weeks ago, I did a double-take. I had forgotten it was getting close to the time for school to begin again. My son graduated from homeschooling 3 years ago so the thought of getting ready for another school year was far from me. Don’t get me wrong I do miss being a homeschool mom. I cherished every moment of it. I was shocked how quick time passes where you don’t even think of things like that.

I feel like I’m getting healthier and stronger by the day. Exercise has become a regular habit, I don’t miss all those carbs and sugar I used to consume, and I’m seeing lots of changes in my body composition. Another benefit is from Intermittent Fasting. It's helping me get a great night's sleep and I feel the boost in my immune system. 

My 22 hour fast and 2-hour eating window went well. I am ready to start OMAD (One Meal A Day) next week. It will be tough fasting for 23 hours and having a 1-hour eating window each day. I've been preparing for this for months so I believe I'm ready to give it a go. My plan is to take this all the way to the end of this year. If I see good results, I’ll continue OMAD through next summer. Things are going well with eating Keto meals so I’m continuing to incorporate that as well. Let’s get on to the meals.

Here is next month’s short and simple menu:

Breakfast-
Smoothie (Keto friendly)
Breakfast Taco Bowls
3 meat Egg Scramble
Waffles (with Keto Maple Syrup) and Bacon
Chaffles (Keto) and sausage

Lunch-
Salmon and Sardine Salad
Chicken Egg Salad
Mediterranean Chicken Egg Muffins
Tuna “Melts” Muffins

Dinner-
Instant Pot Brisket
Keto Meatloaf
Pork Rind Crusted Tilapia
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole

Weekly meal prep really helps keep me on track with sticking to my goal of eating healthy home-cooked meals. With the proper mix of healthy fats and protein, I can last for longer periods of time without snacking and constant eating throughout the day. I just eat my meal at my set time and be done with it.

***If you missed it, here is a look back at the monthly menu from August 2020. Here is a helpful video of the advantages (benefits) of Intermittent Fasting:

© My Life 0utside The Box 2021. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

No comments:

Printfriendly