"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, July 20

Batch {Bulk} Cooking with Beef Brisket and Chuck Roast

Hi everyone! It has been a while since I shared my batch cooking sessions on here. A few weeks ago I happened to be looking through some old posts and noticed I had intended to share this last post to complete the batch/bulk cooking series. In fact, it has been two years since I’ve had it in draft mode. Yes, you read that right. TWO YEARS! I don’t know why (other than life happens) I waited this long to finish it up 😕.

Today I’m sharing different uses for leftovers from a cooked Beef brisket or a Chuck roast. Last month I got both of these meats on sale at Kroger. I believe the brisket was around 5 lbs. and the roast was over 4 lbs. After cooking whole cuts of meat like this (slow cooker or instant pot), I do all I can to get the most out of it. For dinner we are sure to enjoy slices of the meat then I make plans for the rest. Below I’m sharing some ideas for the leftover meat.

Here are some things to make with leftover Beef Brisket:

* Add veggies and beef broth to make Soup or Stew

* Shred the meat to make French Dip Sandwiches

* Add BBQ sauce to make Pulled Beef sandwiches

* Chop meat to use on a BBQ Pizza

* Make Beef Fajitas or Enchiladas

* Make Beef Taquitos

* Make Beef Nachos

* Make Tacos or Burritos/Wraps

* Make Quesadillas, Chimichangas, or Empanadas (hand pies)

* Chop meat to add to chili (this would make a great ALL meat chili)

* Make “Patty Melts” Sandwiches

* Use to make quick "Philly Cheesesteak" sandwiches

* Make beef Stuffed Potatoes

* Make a Breakfast Hash

* Make a quick Beef Stroganoff

* Use to make Shepherd's Pie

* Use in a quick "Pepper steak" with rice

* Make Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry


Here are some things to make with leftover Chuck Roast:

* Can try several of the suggestions above as well as…

* Use the meat and veggies with broth to make a quick soup or stew

* Make a pot roast

* Use the meat for making Beef Pot Pie

* Use in making a Shepherd's Pie


These are just examples of the many things you can do. If any other things come to mind, I may come back to add to this list later. I hope I have helped you think of other ways to use up a cooked brisket or chuck roast besides having 3-4 days of reheating the same old leftovers. What can you think of that I haven’t added to the lists? Please feel free to let me know in the comments below. If you missed my other bulk cooking sessions, click on the links below to check those out.

Print Friendly and PDF


More Batch/Bulk Cooking:

Cooked Ground Beef

Cooked Taco Meat

Cooked Chicken or Whole Fryer

Chicken Scraps

Chili or White Chicken Chili

Rice or Cooked Pasta

Pasta meat sauce

Cooked Sweet Potatoes

Cooked Pumpkin and Butternut Squash

Cooked Beans and more Beans

Boiled Eggs

Pork Loin

Cooked Pork Butt

Cooked Ham

Bell Peppers and Onions


© My Life 0utside The Box 2021. All Rights Reserved. All personal photos, text, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Thank you Tajuana. You've just given me some ideas of what to make with the leftover pork roast. I haven't made enchiladas in a very long time and it will be perfect. I had bought a very large pork roast at Wal-Mart. I want to use it up before it goes bad.

Tajuana said...

Glad I could help Regina. It seems like my hubby always picks the biggest cut of meat he lays his eyes on. LOL, I look at him and say "reallY?" He's like "yeah, cause I know we'll have plenty leftovers". So I just portion it in Ziploc bags for future use. I can only reheat meats for a day or so then it seems to get old real quick. I let the leftovers sit in the fridge overnight then portion it out the next day to put in the freezer. You can do it that same day you cook it, but I'm usually too busy or tired to get around to it.

Printfriendly