"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Friday, August 27

September 2021 Weekly Meal Plans

Hi everyone.  I was sitting here thinking we’re 4 weeks away from it being Fall. YAY! It’s my favorite time of year. I’m not ready to start decorating or anything just yet. A week ago I did see a house or two around town with Fall décor outside. That’s way too early for me. I’m patient enough to make the most of the rest of Summer :-)

Things are going well with my OMAD (One Meal A Day) combined with Intermittent Fasting. I thought it was going to be tough fasting for 23 hours and having a 1-hour eating window each day. The first week my body was trying to figure out what was going on. After that, it wasn't as bad as I thought. If you have been wondering what I do if I get hungry while fasting, I do a couple of things.

I drink a glass of water with Apple Cider Vinegar and lemon juice once in the morning and again a few hours before I go to bed. It took time for me to get used to the very tangy taste. I started out using honey and cinnamon early on. Now a drop of Stevia is all I need. You also can have black coffee with no sugar or cream. I don’t love coffee that much to give up that sweet creamy taste that makes it pleasant for me. I may try to see if I can tolerate a small cup then maybe I'll add this from time to time. I also drink a few cups of unsweetened herbal tea (hot or cold), some sparkling water, and TONS of regular plain water. That and staying busy helps keep hunger at bay. If you are not sleeping, you want to do something to keep yourself distracted from thinking about food while you're fasting. I love how focused I am now during Bible Study while I fast.

I’m so shocked I’ve kept up my health goals for a full year, and now I’m on this new journey with fasting. It’s amazing what you can do when you just make a decision and just do it. There is definitely no going back to the way I was before. This is NOT a diet but a new lifestyle for me. As I stated last time my plan is to continue OMAD all the way to the end of this year. If I see good results, I’ll continue on through next summer. Well, let’s get on to the meals.

Here is a quick rundown of next month’s menu plans:

Breakfast-
Granola and Honey Yogurt Parfaits and sausage patties or links
Steel Cut Oats and boiled eggs
Pancakes (with Keto Maple Syrup) and Ham slices
Waffles and Bacon

Lunch-
Mediterranean Chicken Salad with homemade dressing
Bacon Cheeseburger bowls
Pesto Salmon Egg Muffins
Pork Cubed Steaks

Dinner-
Instant Pot Beef Chuck Roast
Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Roasted Lemon Chicken
Keto Meatball Pizza Casserole

I forgot to mention that I changed to mostly sticking to a very low-carb green veggie for the sides we eat with our meals now. Things like Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, green beans, zucchini, cabbage, and broccoli are all that I buy. I just keep rotating those amongst the weekly meals. I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my updates and getting an idea of what I eat along the way.

***If you missed it, here is a look back at the monthly menu from September 2020.

© My Life 0utside The Box 2021. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

No comments:

Printfriendly