"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Friday, January 8

Summer Weather Hair Update

IMAG0259
*Repost from T0B 7/23/14-

Can you tell from the picture today is not a good day? My son gave me what he calls his “love bug”. He and hubby has been joking about him loving me so much that he’s sharing his head cold with me. He can have it back cause I don’t want to share.  It’s making me miserable. My head hurts, ears are clogged up, runny nose, I’m sneezing, and on top of that my body aches after waking up from sleep :-( I don’t usually get sick like this until the Fall/Winter. With the weather being so crazy I couldn’t escape it this Summer. Now I’m looking through my Pinterest as we speak for some herbal tea recipes as a good remedy.


In other news I decided to pop on over to my neglected blog and noticed I didn’t come back to update on my wash~n~go’s.  I’m still doing them but I have worn my hair up in a bun or two when I didn’t feel like washing my hair as soon as it was time. This protects my ends from the sun, it’s easy to maintain, and it lasts for a few days without having to do anything my hair. I have more news for my readers. Remember when I got my hair cut on the sides last May? My hair has grown since then but I gave myself a new cut a week ago. I only cut the sides and front to have a more layered look as my sides continue to grow out. The back has not been cut. Take a look:

IMAG0167IMAG0168
This is before I did any cutting.

IMAG0247IMAG0249
This is after the cut. Can you see the difference? In the pics above my hair was longer in the front and sides. In these pics I have my hair up in a bun in the back just in case you were wondering. As for those sides here’s how much they have grown back since last year:

IMAG0261IMAG0262                               IMAG0264IMAG0266
My hair measures as 5” long on both sides and top. That’s a good amount of growth in a year. I like how my hair now blends in well now without that top layer hair hanging over the short sides. Now they can grow together for a more even look. Again NO I did NOT cut the back of my hair. It’s still 13-14” long (bra strap length). My hair is 90% dry in these pics so you can see I have MAJOR shrinkage.

I will be doing my wash~n~go’s for another 6 weeks then it will be back up in mini twists. I’m still thinking of what to do after that. I hope you’ve enjoyed the update. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments:

Printfriendly