"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, January 14

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken

Crockpot Cranberry Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken quarters (can replace with 8 thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
1 c. Catalina or French Dressing (I’ve also tried it with Russian and it was just as good)
15 oz. can of whole berry cranberry sauce (I’ve used the jellied one or homemade too)
1 package dry onion soup mix

Directions:
Wash and drain chicken (If using quarters you can cut them into legs and thighs or leave whole). Put in a gallon Ziploc bag with the rest of the ingredients poured on top.  Squeeze bag to make sure everything is mixed in good (Sometimes I get lazy and just dump everything into the crockpot).  When ready to cook spray crockpot with cooking spray and pour in the chicken with sauce.  Cook on LOW 6-7 hours for chicken with bones and skin or 4-6 hours for boneless chicken breasts.

*When I do not mix everything first in a Ziploc bag I ended up turning my chicken pieces halfway through cooking time to be sure meat is fully coated. I like to serve this with rice and a green veggie or salad. This time around I served it with rice as well as sautéed cabbage and spinach with onions and garlic.

*For a freezer meal leave in Ziploc bag. Press as much air out as you can, close, and freeze to use later. Thaw out in refrigerator overnight when you are ready to use.

*In Oven- This can also be baked in the oven in a roaster or baking pan of choice at 350-375 degrees for 1.5 hours.


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Regina said...

This sounds good and I've been wondering what to do with that extra can of cranberry sauce in my pantry! Thank you!

Tajuana said...

You're welcome Regina. I find this to be one way to use up that last can too :) I'm sitting here thinking "I don't know why I only cook this once a year". Guess I've mentally designated the last of the cranberry sauce for this purpose ;D

Printfriendly