"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, August 5

TSW Daybook~ August 2019



For Today: 8/5/19
_____________________________

Looking out my window
It’s nice and sunny outside.
Our high for today is 88 degrees.

I am thinking
I need to update and refresh some old blog posts.

I am thankful
For God's provision each day.

One of my favorite things
     Drinking homemade iced tea and lemonade in the summer.

I am creating
A list of food items I need to replace with better options (nutrition-wise).

I am wearing
An orange blouse, black capris, and brown flip flops.

I am reading
Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.

I’m watching
Cooking videos on Youtube :-)

I’m listening to
The sound of the T.V. playing in the background.

I am hoping
We get to visit that place we've been talking about checking out in town that has fresh homegrown seasonal produce all year long.

I am learning
Why eating foods prepared the traditional way is healthier than all the popular diet trends out there thanks to reading Nourishing Traditions. 

In my kitchen
Blueberry and Strawberry Freezer Jams
I have been making freezer jams for the first time ever this summer. I have made several flavors like these strawberry and blueberry ones shown above. I didn't know what I was missing.
YUM!!!

Board room
Speaking of freezer jams you can check out my Freezer Jams board for ideas on different flavor combinations:

Post Script
There is a website dedicated to cooking traditional foods I just learned about called Mary's Nest Cooking School. I will be visiting this site often for more ideas. I also ran across the Nourishing Traditions website.

Shared Quote
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." 
-Mark Twain

A moment from my day
Club "Sandwich" Salad
I’m still making salads each week. My family has enjoyed the variety of new ones we have tried so far. I keep finding new ones to try on Pinterest.

Closing Notes
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to read other ladies Simple Woman Journal posts. Just head on over to our host site to see more.
______________________________


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

2 comments:

Blessed Homemaking said...

Thank you for sharing those resources for Nourishing Traditions. If you haven't seen it already, there is a very helpful website--www.westonaprice.org as well.

Tajuana said...

You're welcome! I just discovered that website a few days ago when I was looking for info on sardines. Thank you for the link! Now I can bookmark it to visit for more information.

Printfriendly