"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Monday, November 4

TSW Daybook~ November 2019

simple-woman-daybook-large
For Today: 11/4/19
_____________________________

Looking out my window
It’s a beautiful sunny Fall day. Our high for today is 66 degrees.

I am thinking
I’m glad holiday baking sales will start soon. I seriously need to stock up on some pantry staples.

I am thankful
For God’s provision during a power outage our city had a week ago. We had lots of rain and straight-line winds. It knocked down trees everywhere which caused them to fall in the streets and on power lines. Over 30,000 families were without electricity for 3-5 days. We had to do many things by candlelight. Street and traffic lights were out in many places. By God’s grace, we worked together as a family and weathered the storm in peace.

One of my favorite things
Watching birds of all kinds gather all around the bird feeder enjoying the food I put out for them. Another thing I love is looking at the squirrels running from tree to tree gathering up their nuts during the Fall. :-)

I am creating
Cleaning out my recipe section in my Holiday notebook. I’m taking out recipes I don’t use so I’ll only have what we enjoy the most.

I am wearing
A green long-sleeved shirt and Khakis pants.

I am reading
Still reading through the book of Philippians for the ladies online bible study.

I’m watching
Reasons why a wife Won’t follow her husband on YouTube. There is also videos on “Why a husband isn’t leading like Jesus”, “How to encourage your husband to lead when he doesn’t know how”, and “How a husband can lead a strong-willed wife”.

I am hoping
To finalize plans for Thanksgiving before the end of next week.

I am learning
About art/papercut journaling. Looking at Peggy’s Papercut Journey pictures has really sparked an interest for me.

In my kitchen

Every other week I have to make up a batch of Ghee. What can I say? This stuff is so useful in my everyday cooking. I can’t afford to pay the prices for it at the store. I come out cheaper making it myself. I decided to try making some Coconut Ghee since I had some coconut oil. I like it so much I may just make this more often than the regular I’ve been making.


Board room
I love looking for something new to cook during the Fall. Here are some things I have or plan to try https://www.pinterest.com/ML0TB/fall~autumn/meal-ideas/.

Post Script
Since I’ve been talking about Ghee lately, I should share some helpful info. You can learn some things about its benefits and uses here https://empoweredsustenance.com/benefits-of-ghee/.

Shared Quote
“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”
-Mark Twain

A moment from my day
Gumbo
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is what’s for dinner tonight. Right now I’m making bone broth in the crockpot.

Closing Notes
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to read other ladies Simple Woman Journal posts. Just head on over to our host site to see more
______________________________


© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I loved your blog daybook but that picture of gumbo now has me wanting my husband to make some. I love to eat soups and things in the fall and gumbo is a family favorite. I got here for The SImple Womans Daybook

Tajuana said...

Thank you for stopping by again Pat! I love soups, stews, chili, and gumbo this time of year too. After I'm full all I wanna do is curl up on the couch under a comfy throw blanket ;-)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I very much enjoyed your Daybook entry. What a good idea to clear out holiday recipes so you'll only have those you enjoy the most. I too love watching the birds and the squirrels at the feeders. Especially love watching how the bluejays hide their peanuts in the garden.

Wishing you a pleasant day and a beautiful month ahead.

Brenda

Tajuana said...

Hi Brenda! So glad to have you stop by. Bluejays are some of the prettiest birds. It's my hubby's favorite color. Wishing you a blessed rest of the week :o)

Printfriendly