"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands". Prov.14:1 (NASB)

Tuesday, December 10

Make Your Own Cookie Butter

I have never bought Cookie Butter from the store. The cost is way more than I’m willing to pay. Thankfully I found pins on Pinterest with different ways to make your own. I have a base recipe I use to create many different flavors by swapping out the type of cookie used. Here is how I make mine:


Ingredients:
2 to 2.5 cups of cookie crumbs (like shortbread, Nutter Butter, Oreo, Vanilla Wafers, etc.)
1/2 stick of butter (melted)
1/2 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup Evaporated Milk

Directions:
If your choice of cookies has cream in the middle, you need to scrape that out first. (Save this cream to stir/blend in at the end.) Put cookies in a food processor and pulse to turn into crumbs. It took me around 12 Fudge stripe or 50 Vanilla Wafers to get up to 2 cups. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, sweet milk, and evaporated milk. Slowly add this mixture to crumbs in a food processor. Blend to make a paste-like texture. If you find it’s too thin, you can add in more cookie crumbs.

Store this in a covered Mason jar in the refrigerator. When I’m ready to use it, I let mine sit out on the counter for 20-30 minutes to soften to a spreadable consistency. I like serving this with apple slices, graham crackers, or with homemade sweet breads (Banana, Zucchini, or Pumpkin).

© My Life 0utside The Box 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved. All photos, text, personal videos, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the blog author.

4 comments:

Regina said...

But don't you like to eat it straight out of the jar? It's easy. After everyone has gone to bed, grab a spoon,take a spoonful (or two) and bask in the deliciousness of cookie butter😍
Don't forget to spread the cookie butter so no one will know.☺

Tajuana said...

You must got a secret camera hidden in my house ;D Get out of my head Regina! LOL...I see I'm not the only naughty one ;-)

Regina said...

Shhh! No one is supposed to know. Lol

Tajuana said...

Okay, it'll be our little secret :)

Printfriendly